Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Pool Party with My Boyfriend!


Canaan (as indicated in the last blog) LOVES the water, so we filled up a mini baby pool that Tim and I had bought in the summer for her. We invited her boyfriend over for a swim, Andre Clark (our good friends and neighbors' little boy who is TWO DAYS older than her, five pounds heavier, five inches longer, and is a future "Professional Eater"...like the guys who eat 197 hot dogs in three minutes. That's Andre, Canaan's boyfriend. She's proud of him.) So to prepare for her first pool party, I dressed her in her swimsuit.
Or so I thought.


I had assumed babies could be naked in the water without a diaper--that they could mysteriously "hold it" without a diaper there to catch anything. I had assumed a little pee in the water never hurt anybody. So I put her in the pool with her little bloomers on.



You can see by her closed eyes that she's enjoying it. "This is the life," she's thinking.


After some "swimming" (or really, just looking at each other while Bonnie and I desperately tried to hang on to our babies...slippery little suckers), we realized that Canaan's face wasn't one of pure joy (like we had thought), but rather one of the pooping kind. I look down in the water, and there, floating around, was poop. Canaan had pooped at her first pool party and the bloomers didn't hold up to the challenge.









It was time to evacuate the pool. This is a picture of the poop...it almost looks like it's smiling at us. Laughing at a silly mother who thought that babies and bloomers could "hold it."
So after draining the pool so the kids didn't contract E. Coli at their first pool party, Canaan and Andre were ready to snuggle up and talk about their first pool party. Although it was rather embarrassing to poop in the pool, it was kind of fun to just sit there and stare at each other,

1 comment:

Jessica said...

As usual, I'm sitting here laughing at your commentary and sweet little Canaan's poopy accident! I'm impressed with the poopy smiley formation. Good one, Canaan!